Standard 5 Clause 5.1 – 5.3
This policy sets out the circumstances under which students may claim a refund and the associated procedures for handling refunds. Students for the purposes of this policy are RTO students only.
Commencement Date – For students studying online, by distance or through blended delivery modes the course commencement date is considered to be the day that initial payment is received; for all other students the date of the first scheduled class delivered is the commencement date.
Registration Fee – A registration fee is charged for the processing of applications and enrolments to all courses. This fee is generally non-refundable except where FMEDGE cancels the course for which the process of applying and enrolling was to occur.
ACRONYMS & ABBREVIATIONS
FMEDGE – Focused Management Education Developing Global Enterprise
RTO – Registered Training Organisation
RTO – FMEDGE
Cooling off Period
A fourteen-day (14-day) cooling off period applies for all enrolments.
However, this cooling off period is deemed to be waived if the student commences training and/or submits assessment materials during that period. By this action they are deemed to have entered fully into a contract of service provision with the RTO. After this event there is no refund except in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of FMEDGE Management
Cancellation of Courses by FMEDGE
FMEDGE may need to cancel, postpone, or reschedule a course when necessary due to low enrolment numbers or due to extraordinary circumstances. If FMEDGE cancels a course in which a student is enrolled, a full refund of all fees paid, including the administrative fee, will be provided to the student. Up to three weeks may be required to process the refund and provide payment.
Cancellation of Enrolment (withdrawal from course) by Student
Students who choose to withdraw from the course before completing it are liable to pay all fees owing to the completion of the course.
Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances
If the student can establish that they have withdrawn from the course due to experiencing a compassionate or compelling circumstance they will be refunded any amount held by FMEDGE for undelivered training, assessment or services.
Statements of Attainment and Certificates
- Statements of Attainment will be issued to all students on withdrawal or completion of the course but only for those units of competency that are fully paid for will be stated on the Statement of Attainment.
- Certificates and/or letters of completion will only be issued when all fees are fully paid for
- A $50.00 fee will be charged for a Certificate reprint and $25 for a Statement of Attainment Reprint.
FMEDGE will provide the following fee information to each client prior to enrolment
- The total amount of all fees including course fees, administration fees, materials fees and any other charges.
- Payment terms, including the timing and amount of fees to be paid and any non-refundable deposit and/or administration fee.
- The nature of the guarantee given by FMEDGE to complete the training and/or assessment once the student has commenced study in their chosen qualification or course.
- The fees and charges for additional services, including such items as issuance of a replacement qualification certificate or statement of attainment and the options available to students who are deemed not yet competent on completion of training and assessment, and
- The organisation’s refund policy
Where the RTO collects Learners’ fees in advance it will comply with the following
- The RTO may accept payment of no more than $1500 from each individual student prior to the commencement of the course.
Application for Refund
All applications for refunds must be made in writing on the Refund Application Form and forwarded to:
PO Box 128
Portarlington Victoria 3223
Applications must be made within 14 days of cancellation/ withdrawal
Process of Application and Appeal
In processing the application for refund the following applies:
- Applications for refund will be processed and the applicant will be notified within 7 days of the nominee receiving the application as to the decision made.
- Where the applicant is not satisfied with the outcome of the decision they may appeal in accordance with the Complaints and Appeals Procedure
SMF010 Qualification and Statement of Attainment reprint or amendment request
Course Suspension form
POLICY PUBLICATION LOCATIONS
Website – Policies and Procedures Tab
G:\FMEDGE\Policies Processes and Forms\New Policies\SMP007 Privacy and Personal Information.docx
1 April 2015