Standard 5 Clauses 5.1 – 5.2
FMEDGE actively promotes an environment in which students develop a positive and responsible attitude to the work environment, customers and colleagues. As part of this the Organisation supports a system of informed consequence for actions.
A disciplinary procedure exists for the proper management of disciplinary issues.
ACRONYMS & ABBREVIATIONS
FMEDGE – Focused Management Education Developing Global Enterprise
The procedure is designed to ensure fairness and objectivity and its primary purpose is not intended as a form of punishment but as a means of providing students with the opportunity to correct or modify their behaviour through fair and objective means.
In the case when student behaviour conflicts with FMEP001 Code of Conduct policy, disciplinary action will need to be taken and the following will apply in a private and confidential manner.
- In the first instance the Trainer/Assessor or administrative staff member issues the student with an official warning about their behaviour by filling out the SMF 10 Diary Note Form, one copy of this warning goes to the student and another copy must be filed in the student’s file.
- In the second instance of unacceptable behaviour the trainer/assessor or administrative staff member is to arrange a meeting with the Compliance Manager.
- 2.1. The details of all disciplinary interviews and warnings will be recorded using the Diary Note and a copy filed in the student’s file. The Compliance Manager must inform the student of the possible ramifications.
- 2.2. A note should be placed on the Student’s File to identify that a disciplinary interview has taken place.
- Persistent disciplinary problems are to be dealt with by the Compliance Manager in liaison with the Trainer. In the third instance the Compliance Manager is to decide whether the student’s behaviour constitutes the expulsion of their studies with FMEDGE.
- 3.1. The details of all disciplinary interviews and warnings will be recorded using the Diary Note and a copy filed in the student’s file.
- In cases of serious misconduct the Compliance Manager will make an immediate decision on suspension or expulsion.
POLICY PUBLICATION LOCATIONS
Chief Executive Officer
G:\FMEDGE\Policies Processes and Forms\New Policies and Forms\FMEP006 Disciplinary Procedure.docx
1 April 2015