Standard 5 Clauses 5.1 – 5.5
Student enrolment can be deferred, suspended or cancelled in limited circumstances by FMEDGE or by the student. When deferral, suspension or cancellation of enrolment is initiated by FMEDGE, students have the ri
Deferral – postponement of commencement of course.
Suspension – temporary postponement of enrolment during course.
Cancellation – cessation of enrolment in course
ACRONYMS & ABBREVIATIONS
FMEDGE – Focused Management Education Developing Global Enterprise
This policy and procedure applies to all students enrolled in or seeking a place in a qualification/course provided by FMEDGE.
- FMEDGE Initiated Deferral, Suspension or Cancellation
- 1.1 FMEDGE may defer commencement of a course when a course is not offered.
- 1.2 FMEDGE may temporarily suspend or cancel enrolment in the following circumstances.
- Student misbehaviour as outlined in FMEP001 Code of Conduct Policy.
- Non-payment of outstanding fees.
- 1.3 In cases where suspension or cancellation of the student’s enrolment is initiated by FMEDGE, students will be notified and advised to access the FMEDGE’s internal complaints and appeals process if they are dissatisfied. See Complaints and Appeals Procedure.
- Student Initiated Deferral, Suspension or Cancellation
- 2.1. Students may request a deferral of the commencement of their course by completing the Deferral/Change of Preference Form and submitting it to a Compliance Manager prior to the course commencing.
- 2.1.1. Once the deferral is processed the student will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment letter and have a new enrolment agreement written to reflect the new commencement.
- 2.1.2. Students who wish to temporarily suspend enrolment in their course must obtain written approval from the Compliance Manager.
- 2.1.3. Students need to complete an FMEF007 Deferral, Suspension, Change of Preference and Cancellation Form and submit it, together with all supporting documentation, to the Reception.
- 2.1.4. To obtain approval, students must submit the form a minimum of 10 working days before the requested suspension date.
- 2.1.5. In case of an emergency situation that compels the student to suspend their course, the minimum submission deadline of 10 working days may be waived. Please see FMEP002 Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances policy for further guidelines on what constitutes an emergency situation.
- 2.1.6. A student can suspend enrolment for a maximum period of 6 months.
- 126.96.36.199. In the case of exceptional circumstances (supported by documented evidence), longer suspensions may be granted at the discretion of FMEDGE’s management.
- 188.8.131.52. Once the suspension is processed the student will receive a written letter from the Compliance Manager.
- 2.1.7. Students who wish to cancel enrolment in their course must obtain written approval from FMEDGE and attend a cancellation appointment.
- 184.108.40.206. Students must complete an FMEF007 Deferral, Suspension, Change of Preference and Cancellation Form and submit it, together with all supporting documentation, to the Compliance Manager.
- 220.127.116.11. The Compliance Manager will decide the outcome of the student’s request for cancellation.
- 18.104.22.168. If the student requests a refund, the Compliance Manager will submit their request to the CEO for approval of the refund.
- 22.214.171.124.1. The student must complete FMEF003 Application for Refund Form and submit it with their FMEF007 Deferral, Suspension, Change of Preference and Cancellation Form.
- 126.96.36.199. If the student does not accept the outcome of their request for cancellation, the Compliance Manager will escalate the student’s application to the CEO.
- Document Handling and Notations
- 3.1. All documentation relating to the assessment of student deferral, suspension and cancellation applications will be kept in the student’s file.
- 3.2. All discussions undertaken with the student during the processing of the application must be recorded on the Student’s file as they occur.
FMEP001 Code of Conduct
FMEP002 Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances
FMEP005 Complaints and Appeals Procedure
FMEP010 Fees and Charges
FMEF007 Deferral, Suspension, Change of Preference and Cancelation Form
POLICY PUBLICATION LOCATIONS
Chief Executive Officer
D:\FMEDGE\Policies Processes and Forms\New Policies and Forms\FMEP004 Deferral, Suspension and Cancelation Policy.docx
1 April 2015